Fundamental and applied studies based on magnetic resonance techniques are performed. In particular, the experimental study of materials within what is known as condensed matter. At the same time, new developments are carried out in the area of magnetic resonance such as sensitivity improvement techniques and imaging. In the area of fundamental studies, magnetic resonance is used as a tool to elucidate fundamental quantum processes in spin decoherence, polymer physics and molecular dynamics.
The main lines of research are:
- Fundamentals in spin decoherences
- Studies of porous systems.
- Characterization of active pharmaceutical products.
- Polymer physics.
- Molecular dynamics in disordered systems and molecular crystals.
- Characterization of support materials for catalysis.
- Studies of physical and chemical processes in lithiated materials.
- Biophysics of lipid membranes: elastic properties and molecular dynamics.
- Development of instrumentation and experimental techniques of cycled magnetic field.
The main instruments available on the group are associated to the National Magnetic Resonance System (Sistema Nacional de Resonancia Magnética). They are available to provide services to public and private institutions. These services are carried out through the corresponding STANs of CONICET.